Haircare is crucial not only for your appearance but also the overall hygiene. If you have healthy hair, it will allow you the best to ensure a healthy scalp. It is vital to visit a reputable salon to keep your hair perfect. Before that, a primary restorative homely care for your Hair is above everything. The essential primary way is to Oiling Hair Overnight. Many of us, due to the fact that oil makes your Hair look chappy and stinks, leave the Hair as it is without oil for years. It is a big NO! You must oil your hair and take care of it. The best part is leaving your Hair soaked in oil overnight and shampooing or cleansing it the next day.
How to oil your Hair?
Whether you have tried a proper skincare regime or you wash your hair regularly, there are some perfect techniques. The more you get into the precise order, the better you’ll explore the ideal beauty. If you choose to massage or oil your hair at night, it will help increase blood circulation, eventually improving hair growth. While you apply oil to your scalp, it will prevent dandruff from reoccurring.
First, comb your hair using a wooden comb. Then take a good quality of oil to apply to your Hair.
Second, it is better to heat the oil at the right temperature and apply it. Then you can use it on your scalp and massage it with your fingertips in a circular motion.
Third, you can use a towel or a shower cap; when oiling hair at night to cover your hair.
Fourth, after keeping it for a minimum of 2 hours, rinse the Hair well with shampoo and apply a conditioner.
Fifth, let it dry naturally.
Benefits of Oiling Your Hair Overnight
As you choose hair oiling overnight, there are immense benefits that you will encounter. These top benefits will leave you in awe as you experience gleaming and well-nourished hair. It not only hydrates your Hair but also offers the following benefits;
- It works as one of the best Hair growing methods.
- It helps in regrowing the Hair within three weeks naturally.
- Overnight oiling of Hair adds volume and thickens the Hair.
- It soothes an itchy scalp.
- It keeps your hair moisturized, and the dry hair tendencies go away.
- It helps to experience frizz-free hair.
- It prevents the split end of the Hair.
As per the experts, if you choose overnight oiling of Hair, it helps keep your scalp healthy. As you gently massage the scalp, it helps in exfoliation and reduces the chances of hair fall. The more chemical usage is made on the Hair, the more it helps your hair retain its growth. Having good Hair is all about good home maintenance.
Furthermore, lipids are essential to make your hair look and feel fantastic, and it helps in retaining shine and hair gloss. In the case of frizzy and dry hair, the hair shaft has its moisture as you choose hair oiling overnight.
What oil should you use?
Choosing the perfect oil for your hair is a matter of concern. There is a diverse range of oils, but which one suits your scalp is crucial. There are different kinds of oil with other vitamins. The direct application of these kinds of oil will increase the strength of your hair shaft and make it stronger.
The best oil to use on your Hair is;
- Sesame- It offers perfect nourishment for your hair roots and triggers ideal hair growth. It helps moisturize the scalp, improve blood circulation, and rejuvenate hair follicles. It has anti-aging properties.
- Coconut– It is one of the best and most convenient among all. Coconut oil prevents drying. Flaky scalp and reduces dandruff. It helps in reducing the split ends and hair breakage.
- Almond- It is highly rich in omega fatty acid 3, which promotes healthy blood flow and hair growth. It makes the hair strong, soft, and shiny to touch and feel.
- Argan– It helps moisturize your hair and protects it from damage. You’ll experience fewer chances of hair breakage and split ends that prevent hair loss, offering fuller Hair.
- Moringa- It is rich in zinc quantity, Vitamin A, and Iron, which are essential for your hair growth. It helps keep the scalp well maintained, and Hair grows back faster.
- Amla- It is full of Vitamin C that increases the antioxidants in your body. It helps purify the blood and retains the natural-looking Hair, preventing premature hair graying.
- Bhringraj- It is the perfect formulation for balancing your Hair from the Pitta dosha. It helps in hair regrowth.
- Jaborandi- It is perfect for treating dandruff and other hair diseases. It makes the Hair stronger and increases the hair growth adding nutrition to your hair roots.
- Onion- Using Onion oil helps fight dandruff quickly, promotes hair growth, combats hair loss, no split ends, cures baldness, improves hair texture, and adds shine.
- Castor oil benefits your hair by strengthening strands, promoting hair growth, nourishing the scalp, and oiling it. Your hair will have a healthier scalp that offers improved hair growth.
As you choose to oil your scalp, you might be testing to ensure that you do not have any allergies. Do a patch test before you use any oil on your Hair. One way is to take a small quantity and apply it to your hair. Wash your hair with shampoo if it creates an itchy or scratchy sensation. If not, then you can use it overnight on your hair.
Another way to check which ingredient is best for your hair is to take a free hair analysis or hair quiz which helps you identify the right ingredients which will suit you. 3-Factor Hair Analysis is what we suggest to our customers as it is developed by Ayurvedic Doctors.
How much oil should you be using?
The amount of hair oil depends on the hair length. If you are oiling Hair Overnight and you have short hair, take 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil and apply it. If you have long hair, add 4-5 teaspoons of oil to it. Try not to use the oil on your hair, as it will rub off as you sleep. Apply it to your hair roots.
Should you apply oil on wet or dry hair?
You can apply hair oil to both wet and dry hair. If you apply oil on damp hair, keep it less, like one pump, mix it with water, then apply it. If you are using oil on dry Hair, follow how much you should apply for your Hair mentioned above. Hair oiling overnight is the best remedy for all.
How long should you leave it on for?
If you choose oiling Hair Overnight, it is the best way to enjoy all possible benefits. If you are in a hurry and do not have time for overnight oiling of Hair, then you can apply lukewarm hair oil, leave it for 1-2 hours and wash it off.
What’s the best way to apply hair oil overnight?
Hair oiling overnight is a simple yet effective measure for your hair care routine. You can start by combing your hair, taking the accurate measurement for hair oil, applying it to your hair scalp, massaging for 5-7 minutes in a circular motion, and leaving it. You need to rinse your hair thoroughly and condition it in the morning to look healthy.
Using heated hair oil is a great way to improve your hair health. Here are a few methods to heat the oil:
- You can take the adequate quality of the oil in a container and heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Put 3 to 6 tablespoons of oil and heat it over the stove for a few seconds. Apply that oil to your hair and scalp and massage it.
- Use Tru Hair Oil Heater, as it heats the oil to the optimum temperature of 65 degrees in around 4 minutes. Its smart auto cut-off technology helps you avoid overheating or underheating and get the best results.
Note: Never overheat the hair oil, as it will destroy the benefits of the essential ingredients. In fact, that may burn your scalp.
When to oil your Hair: overnight or just before you shampoo?
Always apply oil before you wash your hair with any shampoo, and it will help get you to frizz-free hair. It is always a good idea if you choose overnight oiling of Hair. This way, you can retain the best results by using good oil.
In certain emergency cases, you can oil and then shampoo your Hair just after 1 hour.
How many times should I oil my hair in a week?
Oil your hair not more than 2 -3 times a week. Leave Oiled Hair Overnight or approximately an hour before shampooing your hair. If you have oily skin, it is advised to choose oiling hair for 1 hour before rinsing it with a shampoo.
When To Avoid Overnight Oiling For Hair?
If you have any sort of allergic reaction or have sensitive or oily skin, then it is better to avoid oiling your hair overnight. In such skin conditions, Oiling Hair Overnight will block your hair follicles, leading to more severe infection.
1: Can I sleep overnight with oil in my hair?
Yes, it is the best way to enjoy nourished and healthy hair for a long time.
2: What are the effects of not applying oil to Hair?
If you are not applying oil to your hair, it will turn your Hair dry. The effects like frizziness, a breakout of split ends, and further bacterial infection will lead to severe scalp issues, resulting in hair loss and baldness.
3: Is overnight oiling good for Hair?
It is the best way to keep your Hair growing more healthy and nourished for long.
To conclude, Oiling hair at night is the best way to maintain your hair care or hair maintenance routine. Hair oiling treatment for healthy Hair is an old age tradition. Regular oiling will prevent your hair from any damage. Try not to use any chemical products that promise good Hair. It will damage your hair growth in the long run. Your Hair will be in good shape and grow as long as you maintain it from time to time. Weekly taking care in oiling your Hair overnight will keep your Hair nourished, make your hair grow longer, reduce itchy scalp, maintain good hair condition and leave it frizz-free. Oiling hair overnight offers max benefits.
Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner)
Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years.He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy.This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service