If you have oily hair, you’re probably used to showering and styling your hair every morning only to have it look greasy by lunchtime. While there’s no one-size-fits-all solution for oily hair, there are certain tips and tricks that can help you manage your locks better. Read on for some hacks for oily hair that will help keep your scalp looking and feeling its best!
16 Hacks for oily hair
If you have oily hair, you know the Struggle. No matter how often you wash it, it always seems to get greasy again within a day or two. And when your hair is greasy, it can be difficult to style and healthy-looking. Fortunately, there are a few hacks for oily hair that can help you figure out how to get rid of greasy hair fast.
One hack is to avoid over-washing your hair. When you wash your hair too often, it strips away the natural oils that help to keep your scalp healthy. As a result, your scalp produces even more oil to compensate, leading to greasier hair. Instead of washing your hair every day, try washing it every other day or even every third day. You may also want to consider using dry shampoo on days when you don’t wash your hair to help absorb excess oil.
Use the right hair care products
Another hack is to choose the right shampoo and conditioner. If you have oily hair, look for shampoos and conditioners that are specifically designed for oily hair types. These products can help to reduce excess oil production without stripping away the natural oils that your scalp needs.
Use the right hair styling products
Make sure that you’re using the right styling products. If you use products that are heavy or greasy, they can actually make your hair look even oilier. Instead, look for lightweight styling products that won’t weigh down your hair or make it look greasy. By following these hacks, you can help keep your oily hair under control and looking its best.
Use a talcum powder
If you’re struggling with greasy hair, you’re not alone. Oily hair is a common problem, but that doesn’t make it any easier to deal with. If you’re looking for hacks to help manage your oily hair, look no further than your bathroom cabinet.
Talcum powder can be a useful tool for absorbing excess oil and giving your hair a matte finish. Simply sprinkle a small amount of powder onto your roots, then use a brush or comb to distribute it evenly through your hair. You may need to experiment with the amount of powder you use to find what works best for you, but once you’ve found the perfect balance, you’ll be able to keep your oily hair under control all day long.
Dry shampoo hack for oily hair
Dry shampoo is a powder that absorbs oil and leaves your hair feeling fresh and clean. Here’s how to make your hair look less greasy. Just be sure to follow these tips for using dry shampoo so you don’t end up with white powder all over your dark clothing.
- First, choose a dry shampoo that is designed for your hair type. If you have fine hair, look for a volumizing formula. If you have thick hair, look for a formula that will absorb excess oil without weighing down your locks.
- Second, apply the dry shampoo to your roots in sections and give each section a good rub. Be sure to focus on any oily spots.
- Third, brush or comb your hair to distribute the dry shampoo evenly and remove any clumps.
- And finally, style your hair as usual.
With these tips, you can keep your hair looking great–even on the days when you don’t have time to wash it!
Blow-dry hack for oily hair
If you’re looking for a way to extend the time between washes, there’s a blow-dry hack that can help. Before you blow dry your hair, apply some baby powder or cornstarch to your roots. The powder will absorb any excess oil, giving your hair a matte finish that will last all day. Just be sure to brush it out before you style your hair, as the powder can make it look a bit dull if not properly distributed. Give this hack a try next time your hair is looking extra greasy – you’ll be surprised at how well it works!
Hairstyle hacks for oily hair
Anyone with oily hair knows the struggle of trying to keep their locks looking fresh. Between shampooing every other day and constantly blotting your scalp, it can feel like you’re fighting a losing battle. But don’t despair! There are plenty of hairstyles that can help you manage your oily hair.
- One option is to pull your hair back into a sleek ponytail or topknot. This will help to keep your hair off your face and minimize the amount of oil that transfer from your scalp to your strands. If you’re looking for a more polished look, try adding a headband or scarf into the mix. This will help to absorb any excess oil and give you a chic, put-together appearance.
- Another great option for oily hair is a short cut. Crops, pixies, and lobs are all great choices for those with greasy tresses. Short styles help to reduce the amount of surface area that your natural oils can cover, making them an ideal choice for those with oily scalps. Plus, they’re super easy to style! Simply add a small amount of mousse or gel and you’re good to go. You can also read a quick guide to haircut styles for women that anyone can follow.
- Finally, if you’re not ready to commit to a shorter style, consider getting layers cut into your hair. Layers can help to create volume and movement, which in turn will help to reduce the appearance of grease. Ask your stylist for long layers that frame your face, and be sure to use products that are specifically designed for oily hair.
With these hairstyle hacks for oily hair, you’ll be able to enjoy beautiful, healthy-looking hair – even if it is on the oilier side!
Blotting paper hack for oily hair
If you’re looking for a way to keep your hair looking fresh and oil-free, then you’ll want to try this blotting paper hack. All you need is a roll of blotting paper and some bobby pins. Start by separating your hair into sections and then wrapping a piece of blotting paper around each section. Secure the blotting paper in place with a bobby pin and then let it sit for a few minutes.
After a few minutes, remove the blotting paper and see how much oil has been absorbed. Repeat this process until all of your hair is oil-free. This hack is a quick and easy way to keep your hair looking its best. Give it a try the next time you find yourself with oily hair!
DIY hacks for oily hair
If you have oily hair, you know the struggle of constantly having to wash it. It can feel like no matter what you do, your hair is always greasy. But before you reach for the dry shampoo again, try one of these DIY hair masks or rinses. They can help to remove excess oil without stripping your hair of its natural moisture, so you know how to get rid of greasy hair naturally.
Steps to make DIY Hair masks at home:
- One option is an apple cider vinegar rinse. Simply mix one part apple cider vinegar with four parts water and pour it over your hair after shampooing. You can also add a few drops of essential oils to the mixture for a pleasant scent. Rinse your hair with cool water and style as usual. Apple cider vinegar helps to balance the pH of your scalp and remove buildup that can contribute to oily hair.
- Another option is an egg yolk mask. Egg yolks are rich in nutrients that can improve the health of your scalp and hair. Simply whisk together two egg yolks and apply them to damp hair. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then rinse it out with cool water. For best results, use this mask once a week.
- Finally, try a green tea rinse. Green tea is packed with antioxidants that can help to promote healthy hair growth. Steep two green tea bags in boiling water for three minutes, then remove them and let the tea cool. Pour it over your hair after shampooing and massage it into your scalp. Rinse your hair with cool water and style as usual. You can use this rinse once or twice a week for the best results.
In case you are lazy and don’t want to spend time making a DIY, then you can get an ayurvedic hair mask, which contains ingredients that are suitable for your hair and is 100% natural.
By following these DIY hacks for oily hair you can keep your hair away from grease as much as possible.
Keep your hands out of your hair
It’s tempting to think that if your scalp is oily, you should just wash your hair more often. However, over-washing can actually make the problem worse. When you strip away the natural oils from your scalp, your sebaceous glands produce even more oil to compensate. This can lead to an oily, greasy scalp.
One of the best ways to combat an oily scalp is to avoid touching it. Every time you touch your hair, you transfer oil from your hands to your scalp. This can make the problem worse and lead to clogged pores and breakouts. So next time you’re tempted to run your fingers through your hair, resist the urge. Your oily scalp will thank you for it.
Diet hacks for oily hair
If you have oily hair, you know the frustration of waking up to greasy locks every morning. But fear not – there are a few simple diet tweaks that can help reduce excess oil production.
For example, foods that are high in Vitamin B6 have been shown to balance hormone levels, which can in turn reduce oil production.
Incorporating more protein-rich foods into your diet can also help, as protein helps to give your hair and skin a healthy boost.
And finally, avoid fried food and be sure to stay hydrated – water helps to flush out toxins and keep your scalp healthy. By following these simple tips, you can help keep your hair looking and feeling its best.
Avoid heat-styling tools
Heat styling tools can actually make greasy hair worse by stripping away natural oils and causing the scalp to produce even more sebum. In addition, heat damage can lead to frizz, split ends, and unhealthy-looking hair.
So if you want to keep your greasy hair under control, it’s best to avoid heat styling tools altogether. Instead, opt for air-drying or using cool settings on your hair dryer and curling iron. Your hair will thank you for it!
Don’t skip a hot oil treatment
It’s tempting to skip the hot oil treatment if you have greasy hair. After all, why would you want to add more oil to hair that’s already oily?
But in fact, a hot oil treatment can be a great way to help manage greasy hair. The heat from the treatment helps to open up the hair shaft, allowing the oil to penetrate deep into the hair. This can help to hydrate and nourish the hair, making it less likely to produce excess oil. In addition, the massage associated with a hot oil treatment can help to stimulate blood flow to the scalp, promoting healthy hair growth.
So even if you have greasy hair, don’t be afraid to give a hot oil treatment a try. It just might be the key to achieving healthy, beautiful locks.
Note: You can use our Ayurvedic hair oil heater which heats the oil to the optimum temperature of around 65 degrees in about 4 minutes and comes with an auto-cut-off technology that prevents overheating or underheating the oil.
Keep your hair brush clean at all times
When you have greasy hair, it can be tempting to just skip the whole hair-brushing routine altogether. After all, what does it matter if your brush is a little bit dirty when your hair is already greasy? However, there are actually quite a few good reasons to keep your hair brush clean, even if you have greasy hair.
- First of all, dirt and oil can build up on the bristles of your brush, making it more difficult for them to penetrate your hair and do their job.
- In addition, a dirty brush can spread grease and dirt around your scalp, exacerbating oily skin and leading to breakouts.
- Finally, using a clean brush will simply make your hair look and feel better – no one wants to run their fingers through a matted mess of grease and dirt!
So even if you have greasy hair, be sure to keep your hair brush clean.
Use a witch hazel
If you have greasy hair, you may be looking for a natural way to keep it clean and oil-free. Witch hazel is an excellent option. This astringent herb has been used for centuries to treat a variety of skin conditions, including acne and inflammation.
When applied to the scalp, witch hazel can help to remove excess oil and impurities. It can also help to soothe itchiness and irritation. To use witch hazel on your hair, simply add a few drops to a cotton ball and apply it to your scalp. Massage it in for a minute or two, then rinse it out with warm water.
For best results, use witch hazel once or twice a week.
Use a shampoo brush
Anyone with greasy hair knows the struggle of trying to get all of the shampoos out of your hair. It feels like no matter how much you scrub, there’s always some residue left behind. That’s where a shampoo brush comes in.
- A shampoo brush can help to remove all of the excess oil from your hair, leaving it feeling clean and refreshed. The bristles of the brush help to loosen up any build-up on the scalp, and the handle provides a comfortable grip for easy scrubbing.
- In addition, a shampoo brush can also help to stimulate circulation on the scalp, which can promote healthy hair growth.
So if you’re looking for a way to get rid of greasy hair, a shampoo brush is definitely worth a try.
Managing oily hair can be a challenge, but it’s not impossible. By following these hair hacks for oily hair, you can keep your locks looking and feeling their best. We’ll continue to release more informational blogs like this one, so stay tuned. Thanks for reading!
Be sure to check back soon for more informative blogs like this one and follow us on Quora.
Reviewed By Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner) Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years. He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy. This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service.