It goes without saying that hair is a big deal. Just think about all the time and money we spend on it! From shampooing to conditioning to styling, our tresses take up a lot of our time and attention. So, it’s important to make sure we’re using the right products for our specific needs. Hair Conditioner is one of those products and finding the perfect one can be tricky. But don’t worry, because I’m here to help! In this guide, I’ll outline everything you need to know about conditioner for hair: what it is, what types are available, how to use it, and more. Read on for all the info!
What is a hair conditioner?
Conditioner is a hair care product that helps to improve the feel and appearance of hair.
- Conditioners are typically used after shampooing, and they can be either rinse-off or leave-in products.
- Rinse-off conditioners are typically applied to wet hair, while leave-in conditioners are meant to be applied to dry hair.
- Conditioners typically contain a variety of ingredients, such as silicones, oils, and protein, that help to moisturize and strengthen hair.
- In addition, conditioners can also help to detangle hair and make it easier to style.
Who should apply a hair conditioner?
While all hair types can benefit from using a conditioner, those with dry or damaged hair may find that conditioning their hair is essential to maintaining its health and appearance.
What are the different types of conditioners?
Conditioners are hair care products that are used to improve the feel, appearance and manageability of hair. Many different conditioners are available ranging from deep hair conditioners to leave-in conditioners. The best conditioner for you depends on your hair type and needs. For example,
- If you have frizzy hair, you may want to use a frizz-reducing conditioner.
- If you have dry hair, you may want to use a conditioner that adds moisture.
- There are also conditioners that add shine, reduce static, tame flyaways and more.
Choose the best conditioner for your needs to help improve the overall look and feel of your hair.
What are the benefits of applying a hair conditioner for dry hair?
A conditioner is a necessary step in every hair care routine, but it is especially important for those with dry hair.
- Conditioners help to hydrate and nourish the hair, giving it the moisture it needs to stay healthy and look its best.
- In addition, conditioners can also help to protect the hair from damage, preventing split ends and keeping the hair looking smooth and shiny.
There are a variety of conditioners on the market, so finding one that works best for your individual hair type is important. However, a hair conditioner for dry hair is generally affordable and easy to find, making them an accessible option for most people. As a result, conditioners are an essential part of achieving and maintaining healthy, beautiful hair.
Why you should not skip a conditioner in your routine?
Conditioner for hair is important because it adds moisture to your strands, can detangle your knots, and it can also makes your hair look shiny and vibrant.
- If you have ever skipped conditioner, you may have noticed that your hair potential was not the same.
- It may be more difficult to style, and less manageable, and if you have colour-treated hair, it can even cause your colour to fade faster.
- Conditioners can also help protect your hair from heat damage caused by flat irons and blow dryers. By using a conditioner, you are creating a barrier between your hair and the heat source. Skip the conditioner and you are basically asking for dried-out, brittle locks. No one wants that!
So do not skip it!
- Find the one that is right for your hair type whether it is dry, oily, or somewhere in between.
- Choose the one that will give you the results that you are looking for whether it is more shine or softness.
How to pick the best hair conditioner in India?
Everyone wants to use the best conditioner in India, but what is best for others, might not be the right choice for you. Therefore, it is very important to find the one that fits your needs and suits your hair and scalp type.
You can take a free hair analysis to determine the right ingredients for your hair. For instance, the 3-factor hair analysis on our website helps you identify the same by taking into consideration your body type, hair type, and demography. It is developed by ayurvedic doctors and recommends ayurvedic products by curating a personalised kit which also contains a free natural hair supplement.
This is one of the easiest ways to understand what ingredients suit your hair and will fight your specific hair problem to help you achieve faster results.
Checklist for buying a conditioner online
- If you have fine, thin, or oily hair, look for a light conditioner that won’t weigh your hair down. If you have thick or curly hair, look for a heavier conditioner that will help to detangle and moisturize your hair.
- Avoid conditioners that contain alcohol, as these can dry out your hair. Your conditioner should be free from harmful chemicals.
- Experiment with different conditioners until you find one that works best for you and then stick with it or take a free hair analysis to determine the right ingredients for your hair and take a call based on the results.
- Try to ensure that your shampoo and conditioner are from the same brand.
How to apply a conditioner?
Apply conditioner to wet or damp hair after shampooing, paying particular attention to the ends of your hair. Gently massage it into your scalp and rinse thoroughly with warm water. You can use conditioner every time you wash your hair or just once a week, depending on how dry or damaged your hair is. If you have very dry or damaged hair, you may want to use conditioner more often.
What is a leave-in conditioner?
A leave-in conditioner is a conditioner that you apply to your hair and then do not wash out. It is typically used in place of or in addition to a rinse-out conditioner.
- Leave-in conditioners are designed to add moisture, shine, detangle, and protect the hair from damage caused by heat styling, UV rays, and other environmental factors.
- They can be used on all hair types, but they are particularly beneficial for people with dry, damaged, or frizzy hair.
If you’re looking for the best leave-in conditioner for your hair type, consider the one which is free from harmful chemicals and contains the right ingredients for your hair.
How to make a DIY conditioner at home?
If you’re looking for the best hair conditioner in India, look no further than your kitchen! These two DIY conditioner recipes are easy to make and will leave your tresses feeling soft, silky, and healthy.
- The first recipe is a simple banana conditioner. Just mash up one ripe banana and apply it to your hair, roots to tips. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. This natural conditioner is great for dry, damaged hair.
- The second recipe is an egg conditioner. Beat one egg and apply it to your hair, again from roots to tips. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. This protein-rich conditioner is ideal for all hair types.
Both of these conditioners can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, so feel free to make a big batch! Give them a try and see which one works best for you.
Deep conditioning hair treatment at home
If your hair is feeling dry and damaged, it might be time for a deep conditioning treatment. Though you can always visit a salon for this hair spa treatment, it’s easy to do at home with some simple ingredients.
- First, make a hair mask using either bananas, avocados, or olive oil.
- Mash up the fruit or vegetable of your choice and apply it to your hair, making sure to cover all of your strands.
- Then, put on a shower cap and let the mask sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Next, shampoo your hair as normal and then use your regular conditioner.
- Apply the conditioner to your hair and let it sit for 2-3 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Finally, finish with a cold water rinse to help seal in the moisture.
Your hair should feel soft and silky after this homemade hair treatment!
Well, that’s it for our ultimate guide to conditioners. Whether you are looking for a hair conditioner for women or a hair conditioner for men, we hope this guide was able to help you.
The best conditioner will always be the one which is right for you and is free from harmful chemicals. Also, no matter what your hair type is, dry or oily, it is a must to bring back the lost moisture while shampooing. Please follow our hair care tips page for more such hacks.
Be sure to check back soon for more informative blogs like this one and follow us on Quora.
What does a conditioner do to your hair?
A conditioner helps bring back the lost moisture in your after shampooing. It makes your hair soft, smooth, manageable, adds shine, and tames frizz as well.
Which hair conditioner is best?
The best conditioner in India for you would be the one which contains ingredients that are suitable for your hair type and does not contain any harmful chemicals like parabens, sulphates, alcohol, etc. For instance, Tru hair’s range of conditioners is natural and free from harmful chemicals and has something for all!
Can we use hair conditioner daily?
A conditioner should be used after shampooing only! If you are someone who shampoos daily, then it can be used daily. However, if it starts weighing down your hair, then we suggest limiting its use.
When should we apply conditioner?
Conditioner should be applied after shampooing your hair, on wet hair itself.
How long should I leave conditioner in my hair?
After shampooing, you should apply it on wet hair and let it sit for 2-3 minutes ideally before washing it off for ideal results. If it’s a leave-in conditioner then we recommend following the instructions in the bottle as the time, procedure and conditions may vary.
Reviewed By Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner) Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years. He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy. This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service.