Are you one of those people who avoid combing the hair only so that you don’t have to face the clumps of hair that are waiting to be freed? We know exactly how that feels and so does everyone around the globe. Hair loss might not sound like a severe issue but it sure is a depressing one that everyone goes through at least once in their life. It is a problem that is not easy to avoid either. Every time you let your hair down, wash it or comb it, you are visually reminded of the intensity of hair fall you have. As much as you want to somehow make the hair fall stop, you don’t know where to start or what to do.
The best way of tackling hair loss is to stop it at the very beginning. Most often, we make the mistake of ignoring the first signs of hair loss and wait for it to worsen. By then, the damage just might be irreversible. If you act at the very first sign you come across, you will be able to fully stop the hair loss and prevent hair loss in the future.
To better understand how hair loss works, you need to know the growth cycle of hair.
Cycles Of Hair Growth
The growth and loss of hair happen in 4 different stages:
- Anagen: Also known as the growing phase, the anagen phase lasts for 3-5 years, making it the longest phase. At any given time, almost 90% of your hair is in this phase.
- Catagen: Also known as the transition phase, this phase makes the hair follicles shrink and slow down growth. The phase lasts for only 10 days and only 5% of the hair is at this stage at any time.
- Telogen: Also known as the resting phase, hair during this phase neither grows nor falls. It lasts around 3 months and 10-15% of your hair is at this phase at any time.
- Exogen: Also known as the shedding phase, this is the phase that is dreaded by all. This phase is responsible for the 50-100 strands of hair that you lose every day under normal conditions. It lasts for about 2-5 months.
If you notice hair loss more than the normal 50-100 strands a day, it is mostly because of a disruption in these four stages. When the balance is disturbed, it leads to a change in hair growth.
Early Signs Of Hair Loss
When you identify the early sign of hair loss, you will be able to stop it before the condition worsens. As long as you delay treating hair loss, the chances of it causing permanent damage also increases. Here are the top early signs to look for:
- Widening part: Most of us choose a side or a mid parted hair that we stick to every day. One of the first signs of hair loss can be identified here. If your part looks wider than before, it is time to reanalyse your hair care routine.
- Patchy bald spot: Sometimes, you might notice hair loss that is focused on only certain parts of your scalp. Often found in circular patterns, patches of hair loss in the scalp is a call for help. It is best to see a dermatologist or a trichologist in such cases.
- Excess shedding: As mentioned, losing 50-100 strands of hair a day is normal. However, when you notice that extra bunch on your comb or the shower drain, you know something’s not right. When you notice this sudden excess shedding, ask yourself if you have added any new product to your hair care routine, or done a salon treatment. Anything done out of the ordinary to the hair might result in sudden hair loss.
- Receding hairline: In men, one of the first signs of hair loss is a receding hairline and hair loss around the temples. You will notice gradual thinning of hair around this area and a visible scalp.
- Hair thinning: In women, instead of a receding hairline, it is more common to see thinning of hair all around the scalp. The easiest way to test this is by paying closer attention when tying a ponytail. If your hair tie becomes looser or needs another loop around the hair, it could indicate hair thinning, provided that your hair tie does not lose its elasticity.
Tackling The Early Signs Of Hair Loss
Once you identify the first signs of hair loss, panic is usually next in line. However, if you take a solution-based approach to this, you could easily tackle the condition and stop it before it worsens.
Step one after noticing hair loss is to give your recent actions a second thought. Did you start using any new hair products? Did you get any chemical treatment to alter your hair texture like straightening or colouring done from the salon? When you notice sudden hair loss, the reason for it is often a new product that is filled with harsh chemicals. Try ditching that product for a safer one and see if you notice any changes in hair loss.
Step two is to consult a professional. Before you try different solutions and increase the chance of worsening the condition, consult a dermatologist or a trichologist. If your hair loss is due to a medical condition, only a medical professional will be able to diagnose it and provide the appropriate treatment for it.
Step three is trying home remedies and natural products. For many of the temporary hair problems that we face, the solution for it lies in our kitchen and garden. Natural ingredients like aloe vera, Brahmi, bhringaraj, hibiscus, coconut oil, etc. target specific hair problems and help strengthen hair follicles to reduce hair fall. Regular use of products like organic hair oil and natural shampoo for hair fall with natural ingredients will provide your hair with nutrients without harming it.
Step four is following a healthy diet. One way of harming your hair without touching it is by not giving it the proper nutrients it requires. The diet we consume needs to be rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, and other nutrients that are essential for healthy hair. If these nutrients cannot be received through the food we eat, it is also advised to take supplements made with natural ingredients.
Out of all the steps, finding the right product for you is the most taxing one. To find a product that works best for your specific hair texture and type among a sea of products is not an easy task. However, once you find those sets of products, the answer to how to control hair fall will come on its own.
We, at Tru Hair, create organic and natural hair care products with the help of trichologists. Being guided by the world of Ayurveda combined with modern technology, our products carry the best natural ingredients that have been proved to be helpful to boost hair health. To make the process of finding the product that suits you the best easy, our Ayurvedic doctors have come up with an algorithm that allows you to find the perfect combination of products that specifically suits your concern. These products and ingredients are recommended by analysing your hair type, body type, lifestyle and demography from the 3-factor hair analysis.
Our products like organic hair oil, shampoo for hair fall, protein serum for hair, etc. are all free from harmful chemicals like sulphates, parabens, and LLPs. This allows you to choose any of our products without having to worry about causing any damage to your hair. Take the first step to reducing hair loss by switching your chemical-filled products to the Ayurvedic ingredient-filled Tru Hair products.