“My hair is too thick. I wish I could make it thinner,” said no one ever. All of us are running to search for the best hair growth miracle product on any given day. One day you are buying that one product your friend swore would help with hair growth and the next you know, you are losing more hair than ever!
Before you pick up the phone to scream at your friend for lying to you, pause for a second. Ask yourself why you chose a product that worked for your friend with bouncy curly hair and hoped it would work on your dry straight hair?
Yes, we understand your struggle for finding the answer to how to thicken your hair, but you will only get that answer if you can answer this question— What is the reason for your hair problems? Understanding the root cause of your hair problem is the only path to finding a product that can thicken your hair.
What Are The Reasons For Hair Fall?
The reason for hair fall can differ from person to person. Here are some of the potential reasons why your hair has been thinning and how to solve them.
- Wrong shampoo/hair product: The products that you use on your hair and scalp can decide your hair health. If you are using an over-the-counter product filled with sulfates, and other harmful toxins daily, then chances are that that’s causing hair fall. Switch to a milder product that does not have harmful ingredients like the Tru Hair products for healthier hair.
- Over-styling/chemical treatment: In a rush to get to the office, the constant overuse of high-heat blow dryers and curling irons can severely damage the hair. If you can’t stop using those styling appliances like straighteners, hair dryers, etc, you use a heat protectant on your hair before applying heat.
- Hormonal Imbalance: If you have been following a healthy lifestyle and giving proper care to your hair but still notice hair fall, it could be because of a hormone imbalance. Check with your doctor to ensure your hormone levels are healthy.
- Diet: What you eat and drink decides how you look as well. Eating healthy is key for healthy hair.
- Dandruff: Dandruff is a common issue faced by many people. It can also be the reason for hair fall. Treat it using medications or home remedies.
Once you have figured out the reason for your hair fall, you can move on to figuring out how to thicken your hair by dealing with that problem.
How To Stop And Control Hair Fall?
If you are on a journey to finding the answer to how to thicken your hair, here are a few things you should know.
- Normal amount of hair loss: Before you lose your mind over the bunch of hair in your shower drain, remember that it is normal to lose 50-100 strands of hair per day. You only need to think about damage control if you find it more regularly.
- Switching to a new product: Another aspect to consider is that when you switch to a new product your scalp might take a while to get used to it. Hence, if you are noticing a sudden increase in hair fall, ask yourself if it is because of your new hair product before you buy more products to counter it.
- Be gentle: Express your love and care to your hair by being gentle to it. Don’t tug on your hair, especially when detangling. Use mild shampoos like Tru Hair Natural Biotin Shampoo and massage it gently onto the hair. If you towel dry your hair, make sure you use a soft cloth like a microfibre towel or even a soft t-shirt. Sleep on silk pillowcases to avoid friction and hair breakage.
- Figure out the root cause: Find out why exactly you have been having hair fall and work towards finding a solution to that problem. Your hair health will return on its own once that problem is fixed.
- Use safe products: Haircare is a saturated market. With products left and right telling you why you should choose them, take a second to go through the ingredients list of those products. Buy products that do not use harmful chemicals like sulphates, parabens, LLPs and instead use more natural ingredients like the Tru Hair line of products.
- Consult a doctor: If you have been experiencing severe hair fall, it is highly recommended that you see a doctor and get it treated professionally.
- Provide additional care: Just like how you treat yourself to a donut once in a while, show that you care by making some DIY hair masks over the weekend and treat your hair to that extra care. Keep reading to find more about home remedies.
Effective Home Remedies For Hair Fall
Giving your hair that extra care on the weekend is all about #selflove. Every time you notice an increased hair fall, you run to your kitchen and garden, take random things, mix them, and hope it works. We are not sure about every random ingredient in your kitchen because some of it might be better off in your food and not on the hair. However, here are a few home remedies that are known for reducing hair fall.
- Hair masks with Onion: Onion is now a popular ingredient in hair fall solutions and rightly so. The many nutrients from onion juice help the scalp with hair growth. Use it as a mask once or twice a week and wash off after half an hour to one hour.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is that one hero ingredient that is beneficial in many places. Every time you wash your hair, you can use aloe vera before along with your hair oil or even after washing as a leave-in conditioner. Aloe vera helps in protecting and moisturising your hair.
- Massaging your scalp: Apart from using DIY hair masks, massaging your scalp with coconut oil for 10-30 minutes can increase your blood circulation which is key for good hair growth. It helps release any stress and tension as well. If you do not have the time to make the masks, use an OTC mask like Tru Hair Overnight hair mask with Onion, Mehendi, Bhringaraj, Chandan, Kumari to boost hair growth.
- Ayurvedic herbs and spices: Ingredients like Brahmi, cumin, turmeric, ashwagandha, and more are all tried and tested recipes for hair growth, especially among the Indian culture. If it is a task to get all these ingredients for a DIY recipe, simply buy the Tru Hair Overnight Hair Mask that is packed with all major Ayurvedic ingredients aiming to help you with better hair health. Also, use oil with these ayurvedic ingredients. Castor Oil infused with herbs are great to boost hair growth and also moisturise it.
- Yogurt and egg: Both these ingredients inside your fridge can help you with strengthening the hair and help with hair growth. Use these ingredients in making hair masks to provide extra nourishment to your hair.
There are many more DIY hair packs for hair growth that you could try. However, always remember to patch-test to know if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
The path to learning how to thicken your hair is not through a single hair mask but through your entire lifestyle. From eating right to protecting your hair from UV rays and buying safe products, your hair health lies in your hands and how you decide to take care of it.
No matter how many home remedies you try, buying an external hair product is inevitable. You can make sure that the product you do have to buy is safe from harmful chemicals and has beneficial ingredients. The Tru Hair range of products is one such brand that offers promising results with the help of natural ingredients and no harmful chemicals. Take the 3 Factor Hair Analysis to know what ingredients work for your hair and the right products based on them.
Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner)
Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years.He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy.This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service.