Dark spots, also known as age spots, sun spots, or liver spots, are flat patches of pigmented skin that are commonly brown or black in shades. This usually appears when we are exposed to the sun’s rays for an extended period of time. Dark spots are not always harmful and are not a sign of skin cancer. Even when they aren’t dangerous, they can be bothersome. But don’t worry, if you are wondering is there any cream to remove dark spots then yes there is.
Causes of dark spots
Unlike a tan, these dark patches do not go away that easily. They can occur on any area of the body that is frequently exposed to the sun but are most commonly found on the face, hands, arms, and shoulders. They occur due to an excess of melanin, the pigment that gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes. Dark spots don’t only appear because of sun exposure. They can also be caused by hormonal changes, acne scars, inflammation, aging, and genetics.
While there are many skin-lightening solutions in marketing, they don’t provide you with the desired result and some could even irritate your skin, knowing your skin type and what best suits you can help you with the removal of dark spots.
Is there any cream to Remove Dark spots?
Yes, there is! Tru Hair & Skin’s Honey & Papaya day cream is the best cream to remove dark spots from skin.
Honey and papaya day cream:
Tru hair & skin’s honey & papaya SPF 50 face cream is a 3-in-one face cream, Honey and Papaya Face Cream has been specially formulated with SPF 50, making it ideal for daily use. It is a brightening cream that also stimulates collagen production, making your skin smoother and more youthful.
Honey contains antioxidants, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, as well as moisturizing properties, and penetrates deep into the skin and softens it. The SPF 50 will shield your skin from the sun, harmful UV rays, and blue light. It can be used by all skin types. This is the best cream to remove dark spots on the face.
- Lighten Dark Spots – Papaya contains a natural bleaching agent that helps brighten your skin and lighten dark spots. Honey also aids in the process by removing dead skin cells and, as a result, any tan.
- SUN PROTECTION- TRU HAIR & SKIN SPF 50 in Honey & Papaya Face Cream protects your skin from tanning, UV rays, and blue light.
- Reduce acne scarring – The enzymes Papain and Chymopapain found in papaya help to reduce inflammation and fight acne by removing dead skin cells that clog your pores. Papain also removes damaged keratin, which can accumulate on the skin and cause small bumps.
- Reduce pigmentation – The antioxidants in papaya and honey help lighten pigmentation on the face.
- 0% Harmful Chemicals – TRU HAIR & SKIN Honey & Papaya SPF 50 Face Cream and all TRU HAIR & SKIN products contain 0% Parabens, Sulphates, LLPs, and other harmful chemicals.
Best serums to remove dark spots on skin
There are several creams available that can help reduce the appearance of dark spots on the skin and some of the most popular and effective over-the-counter options include
Kumkumadi serum with Niacinamide:
Tru hair & skin Niacinamide-infused Kumkumadi serum brightens and evens out skin tone. The kumkumadi serum from tru hair & skin is a rich blend of kumkumadi oil, Manjisthadi Tailam, carrot seed oil, blue lotus, goat milk, and other natural components. Whereas Niacinamide also known as Vitamin B3 significantly decreases hyperpigmentation of the skin and increases skin lightness, it can help to brighten the skin, reduce redness and improve the overall appearance of dark spots.
Regular application of this ayurvedic Kumkumadi serum can reduce facial pigmentation and offer you attractive skin.
- The complexion is improved: Manjisthadi Tailam, an ingredient in this kumkumadi serum, gives your skin a beautiful radiance.
- Reduces Blemishes and Scars: With frequent usage, this serum will eliminate all blemishes and pigmentation to leave your skin tone balanced.
- Acne and pimple prevention: Manjistha, an ingredient in this kumkumadi serum, has antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory qualities.
Retinol & Saffron Night Serum:
Tru hair & skins Retinol and Saffron Night Serum not only help in reducing dark spots but also reduce wrinkles & Increases Collagen.
Retinol not only reduces dark spots but also wrinkles and sagging skin will also begin to diminish. Retinoids such as Retin-A, Retinol, Tretinoin, and Adapalene are known to be effective in lightening dark spots by promoting cell turnover, which can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots over time.
This Retinol & Saffron Night Serum is one of India’s best night serums. It appears to contain Retinol and is nourished with Saffron to brighten your skin. Regular use will result in a brighter complexion and a more even skin tone. This face serum is completely free of harmful chemicals and produces naturally radiant, glowing skin.
Saffron has glow-boosting properties that will give you a natural, radiant glow.
- Reduces pigmentation, Retinol, and other active compounds found in TRU HAIR & SKIN help to reduce pigmentation. Retinol & Saffron Night Serum regulates melanin production, reducing dark spots on your face visibly.
- Saffron’s high Vitamin B2 content will lighten your skin and improve your overall complexion.
- All Tru hair products contain no parabens, sulfates, LLPs, or other potentially harmful chemicals.
10% Vitamin C Serum with Bhringaraj:
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that can aid in the reduction of the appearance of dark spots. It is also an important skincare ingredient for overall skin health.
Because of its antioxidant properties, this ingredient is particularly effective at reducing the appearance of dark spots and improving skin tone and texture. While Bhringaraj is great for your skin and treating skin problems, it also helps to rejuvenate your skin and reduce wrinkles and dullness. It has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
This Vitamin C Serum is among the best Vitamin C serums available in India. It contains 10% Vitamin C and is enriched with Bhringraj and Aloe vera to help reduce pigmentation. Regular use will result in a brighter complexion and a more even skin tone. This face serum is completely free of harmful chemicals and produces beautiful, glowing skin.
- Even skin tone: This 10% Vitamin C serum reduces pigmentation and gives you an even skin tone.
- Improves Complexion: This serum is ideal for healthy-looking skin. It also contains Bhringraj and Aloe vera, which will improve your complexion.
- Smoothing and Firming: By regenerating skin cells, this serum helps to smooth and firm the skin.
- Chemical free: This serum contains no parabens, sulfates, LLPs, or other potentially harmful chemicals.
DIY homemade cream to remove dark spots
There are several DIY cream recipes that you can try to get rid of dark spots on your skin.
Aloe vera and honey
Aloe vera contains aloin, a natural depigmenting compound that has been shown to lighten skin and work effectively as a nontoxic hyperpigmentation treatment, Honey helps fade away dark spots and brightens the natural complexion.
To make this cream ingredients required are
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon of honey.
Direction to use
- In a small bowl mix, combine aloe vera gel, lemon juice, honey, and turmeric.
- Mix well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply the paste to the dark spots on your face and let it sit for 15- 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
Note: If you have sensitive skin avoid using lemon juice or try to dilute it with water.
It’s also important to use sunscreen after using the products such as lemon juice and turmeric as it can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
How to Prevent Dark Spots on the Face?
Dark spots could become pretty much inevitable as you age. However, there are some things you can try to avoid getting dark spots or keep faded ones from reappearing. These include:
Use SPF: Apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day, even if the sun isn’t shining.
Cover up: Wear a hat, long sleeves, and pants when going outside. SPF fabrics can provide additional protection.
Avoid peak sun hours: UV exposure is usually highest between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
In many cases, hyperpigmentation on the face will fade on its own with time, always protect your skin from direct rays of sunlight and drink plenty of water, have a healthy balanced diet, and give yourself some time to pamper your skin, remember to always use sunscreen!
Thanks for reading and follow us on Quora.
Does vitamin C remove dark spots?
Further, vitamin C can reduce the appearance of dark spots by blocking the production of pigment in our skin.
Do dark spots go away?
Once what’s causing the dark spots or patches is found and stopped, fading can take time. A spot that is a few shades darker than your natural skin color will usually fade within 6 to 12 months. If the color lies deep in your skin, however, fading can take years.
What can remove dark spots fast?
Some potential options include
- Laser therapy: This involves a dermatologist using a beam of light to target areas of discoloration.
- Chemical peels: Professional chemical peels are stronger versions of OTC acid exfoliants.
- Microdermabrasion: This exfoliating treatment uses minuscule particles to remove dead skin cells.
What causes dark spots?
Pigment cells that are overactive cause age spots. UV light accelerates the production of melanin, a natural pigment that gives skin its color. Age spots appear on sun-exposed skin after years of exposure when melanin clumps or is produced in high concentrations.
Which vitamin reduces dark spots?
Vitamin C, B12, and E are three of the best vitamins for lightening dark spots. Vitamin C promotes collagen production while inhibiting melanin formation.
Reviewed By Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner) Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years. He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy. This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service.