Everyone wishes for that model-like silky smooth hair. You even want your hair to look like that when you get straight out of bed too. Imagine how easy your life would get if this was possible. Chemical treatments like keratin and smoothening help make this happen but at a cost. There are both pros and cons to opting for chemical treatments. However, some alternatives like an Ayurvedic hair oil can give you the result you are looking for with none of the chemical treatments’ cons. But first, let us look at what each of these treatments is.
What Is A Keratin Treatment? Is It The Same As Ayurvedic Hair Oil Massage?
Keratin is a natural protein found in hair, skin, and nails. It keeps the hair strong, smooth, and shiny. A lack of it can affect your hair texture.
The hairstylist coats your hair with keratin during a keratin treatment to make it smooth and frizz-free. It can make your hair look straighter and create a more natural effect. Keratin treatment is also supposed to strengthen the hair.
Side Effects Of A Keratin Treatment
While the result of a keratin treatment is model-like hair that everyone loves, there are a few downfalls of getting a keratin treatment from a salon. To name a few:
- Most keratin treatment products have formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a human carcinogen that is likely to pose a health risk.
- It is an expensive treatment.
- Post-treatment care needs more effort and the use of the right kind of products which are usually expensive.
- Need to retouch every 3-6 months.
- Harmful chemicals damage hair follicles and affect hair growth in the long run.
Since a keratin treatment is done at the salon can cause many hair problems and cost you an arm and a leg, let’s look into alternatives.
Alternatives Like Ayurvedic Hair Oil For A Keratin Treatment
Through the path of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic hair oil and other products, you can transform your hair into that flawless perfection. Here are five ways you can do it.
- Biotin: Biotin plays a vital role in the health of your hair and a deficiency of the same can affect your hair’s overall health. It also helps stimulate keratin production in hair. Add biotin to your hair care is by introducing it in hair products such as Ayurvedic hair oil, Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Mask, hair night cream, shampoo and conditioner. The Tru Hair Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner is made with a combination of Almond Oil, Aloe Vera, and Shea Butter. Almonds being rich in biotin make it the perfect pair of shampoo and conditioner for anyone looking to increase keratin production.
- Onion: Onions contain an antioxidant named N-acetylcysteine that the body uses to form L-cysteine. L-cysteine is a component of keratin. Introduce onion in the form of Ayurvedic hair oil, shampoo, Ayurvedic herbal hair mask or even a hair night cream. Tru Hair has a range of products like Ayurvedic hair oil with onion as the hero ingredient. The Tru Hair Onion Ayurvedic Hair Oil allows you to have a nourishing hot Ayurvedic hair oil massage. The Tru Heater gives you perfectly warm oil (optimum temperature of 65 degrees). This helps the goodness of onion to penetrate your scalp deeply. An Ayurvedic herbal hair mask that contains onion can also be highly beneficial. Tru Hair’s Overnight Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Mask for shiny, lustrous hair has a mix of rare Ayurvedic ingredients, one of which is onion. This overnight hair mask benefits you by providing intense nourishment from the nutrients of the ingredients.
- Protein-rich diet: Healthy proteins help increase your body’s keratin production naturally. This is why it is important to ensure that your daily diet is rich in proteins. Using a protein-rich Ayurvedic hair oil also helps.
- Protein serum: While you ensure that your diet has enough protein, you can also take it up a notch by introducing a protein serum into your hair care. Tru Hair has a protein serum with almonds and onions, both of which are powerhouses that can boost keratin.
- Eat food rich in omega-3: Another group of food that can improve keratin production in the body are foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
What Is Smoothening?
Hair smoothening is a procedure that alters the texture of your hair to create frizz-free, smooth hair. This lengthy process involves using chemicals like formaldehyde and heat to change your hair’s texture and form straight, easy-to-manage locks.
Side Effects Of Smoothening
While you end up with beautiful straight hair, there are specific adverse effects of this treatment you should know about.
- It alters the natural structure of your hair.
- Continued smoothening will damage your hair in the long run.
- May cause increased hair fall.
- The use of harsh chemicals like formaldehyde will cause a considerable amount of damage to the hair.
- As new hair grows, the texture starts to look significantly different, creating an uneven look.
- Hair gets weaker after every touch-up.
- The number of treatments you can do after smoothening is also limited.
Smoothening has its pros and cons. But why subject your hair to so many of the side effects when you can choose healthier alternatives like Ayurvedic hair oil, hair night cream, serum, etc.
Alternatives Like Ayurvedic Hair Oil For Smoothening
A number of natural ways like using Ayurvedic hair oil, Ayurvedic herbal hair mask, hair night cream, etc. to smoothen your hair can provide you with the exact results you are looking for and for much cheaper. These methods give you smooth hair and focus on giving your scalp the nutrients it needs for healthy hair.
- Hot oil treatment: The nutrients from an Ayurvedic hair oil work on hydrating your scalp and managing frizz up to a large extent. When using Ayurvedic hair oil, heat it to an optimum temperature. This allows the nutrients to penetrate deep inside your scalp for maximum effectiveness. Choosing the right Ayurvedic hair oil for this is a task, but what’s even more of a hassle is heating the Ayurvedic hair oil by yourself without burning it. This is why the Tru Hair Ayurvedic Hair Oil with Heater is the perfect blend of both. This Ayurvedic hair oil has 13 rare herbs to provide your scalp and hair with the right nutrients to tackle hair problems. The heater allows you to heat the Ayurvedic hair oil to an optimum temperature of 65 degrees in around 4 minutes. Also, this Ayurvedic hair oil is clinically proven by KLE to significantly reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
- Incorporate the right ingredients: Use certain natural ingredients that help smoothen your hair in the long run by tackling dryness, frizz, damage, etc. Some of these ingredients include hibiscus, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, etc. Add them to your hair care routine in the form of a rinse, Ayurvedic hair oil, Ayurvedic herbal hair mask, shampoo, conditioner, overnight hair mask for hair growth, hair night cream, etc. The Tru Hair Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Conditioner is a great way to introduce both apple cider vinegar and aloe vera to your hair.
- Use a hair pack: You get intense nourishment from the ingredients by using an overnight hair mask for hair growth or an Ayurvedic herbal hair mask. Make your own Ayurvedic herbal hair mask using ingredients like amla, bhringaraja, hibiscus, onion, etc. The Tru Hair Herbal Hair Powder and Overnight Hair Mask for hair growth contain many such ingredients that have the power to treat hair damage and transform your hair to smooth locks.
Both keratin treatment and hair smoothening are two treatments that produce lasting results. However, they also cause a lot of damage to your hair. If you are looking for ways to improve your hair health without causing hair damage, your best bet is by using natural ingredients. Use them in the form of Ayurvedic hair oil, night hair cream, Ayurvedic herbal hair mask, and more. Tru Hair offers products like Ayurvedic hair oil, shampoo, conditioner, serum, etc. These products are free from sulphates, parabens, LLPs, and other harsh chemicals that focus on damage control and protection. They contain Ayurvedic ingredients that can provide permanent results in the long run and improve general hair health.
Make sure to give smart care to your hair.