Looking for a Night Hair Care Routine that will make your hair look gorgeous in the morning? Look no further! We have put together a guide with all the tips and tricks you need to know, so follow these simple steps and you’ll see excellent results in no time!
Why is the night hair care routine important?
A night hair care routine is essential for a number of reasons.
- First, it helps to remove any excess oil and dirt that has accumulated during the day.
- Second, it allows you to apply a leave-in conditioner and other treatments that can help to improve the health of your hair.
- Finally, a night hair care routine gives you a chance to style your hair for the next day.
By taking the time to care for your hair at night, you can help to ensure that it looks its best.
5-step night hair care routine
A good night hair care routine is important for keeping your hair healthy and style-ready. Here are five steps to a perfect night hair care routine:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is dirty or greasy, it won’t absorb the products you use as well. So, make sure to start with clean, dry hair.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner. A leave-in conditioner will help to add moisture and protect your hair from damage. Be sure to apply it evenly from root to tip.
- Use a protective serum. If you have frizzy or damaged hair, a protective serum can help to keep your hair smooth and healthy. Just apply a small amount to the ends of your hair.
- Brush your hair before bed. Brushing your hair before bed helps to distribute the natural oils from your scalp down the length of your hair. This keeps your scalp healthy and your hair shiny and soft.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase helps to prevent tangles and breakage while you sleep. It also helps to keep your hairstyle looking smooth and sleek in the morning.
Following these simple steps will help you achieve healthy, beautiful hair that’s easy to style. So, don’t neglect your night hair care routine!
Night hair care routine essentials
Anyone with hair knows that a proper hair care routine is essential for healthy, happy locks. While there is a myriad of different products and techniques out there, there are a few night hair care routine essentials that everyone should follow.
- First, it’s important to have a neem wooden comb to brush your hair before bedtime to remove any tangles or knots. This will help to prevent breakage and keep your hair looking smooth and shiny. Neem wooden comb has anti-septic properties which help maintain a healthy scalp and the wood doesn’t create static so it prevents hair breakage as well.
- Next, you need a good quality leave-in conditioner to nourish your strands and help repair the damage caused during the day.
- Then, you also need a good quality head massager. Massaging your head before going to sleep is really beneficial. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp which does its magic while you sleep.
- You will also need a good ayurvedic hair oil that is 100% natural. As per Ayurveda you should apply perfectly heated warm oil to your scalp to improve hair growth and repair damaged hair. Our doctors recommend applying hair oil every 2 days and keeping it overnight. In case you get a headache from keeping it overnight then you can avoid this step during the night and keep it for an hour before going to take a shower. For convenience, you can use Tru hair’s world’s 1st hair oil heater which will heat the oil to the perfect temperature in less than 5 minutes and turn off automatically.
- Finally, be sure to tuck your hair away safely before you go to sleep, using a silk pillowcase or sleep cap to minimize friction.
By following these simple steps, you can help ensure that your hair stays healthy and strong.
Common mistakes to avoid during night hair care routine
Many people believe that night hair care routines are very important in order to maintain healthy and lustrous locks. While this is true to a certain extent, there are a few common mistakes that people make which can actually do more harm than good. Here are 10-night hair care routine mistakes to avoid:
Not using a heat protection serum before styling:
If you regularly use heat-styling tools such as curling irons or straighteners, it’s important to use a heat protection serum before styling your hair at night especially because that is when your hair gets time to heal. This will help to prevent damage from the heat and keep your hair looking healthy.
Using too much product:
When it comes to night hair care products, less is definitely more. Using too much product can weigh down your hair and make it look greasy. Start with a small amount and add more if needed.
Skipping overnight hair masks:
Overnight hair masks offer a lot of benefits, deep conditioning being one of them. We often ignore these masks thinking they will get messy during the night but if you apply them properly and secure them with a cap or a scarf then it won’t. Shortcuts don’t always help. Sometimes your hair needs time to heal and soak in the goodness of natural ingredients.
Sleeping with wet hair:
Sleeping with wet hair can cause tangles and matting, so it’s best to dry your hair thoroughly before hitting the hay. If you must sleep with damp hair, use a satin pillowcase to help prevent damage.
Not using a nightcap:
If you have long or curly hair, consider investing in a nightcap or silk scarf to help keep your tresses in place while you sleep. This will prevent tangles and minimize the risk of breakage.
Not tying your hair before sleeping:
It is advisable to tie your hair in a loose ponytail or braid before going to sleep. It helps keep your hair together and prevents hair breakage. Avoid tight hairstyles or hair accessories and use a satin scrunchie to secure your hair.
Applying products on the scalp only:
When applying night hair care products, be sure to apply them evenly from roots to ends instead of directly on the scalp. This will help to avoid build-up and keep your scalp healthy. Certain products are supposed to be applied on the scalp only, but if you are applying an overnight hair mask or a leave-in conditioner, ensure that you apply it to your strands.
Rinsing out leave-in conditioner:
Do not rinse out the leave-in conditioner before going to bed. Leaving a leave-in conditioner in your hair overnight helps lock in moisture and make them look gorgeous in the morning.
Sleeping on cotton pillows:
Cotton pillows can absorb moisture from your hair, leading to tangles and fizziness come morning time. Opt for a satin or silk pillowcase instead to help prevent damage and keep your hairstyle intact overnight.
Following the same routine every night:
Just like your skincare routine, it’s important to switch up your night hair care routine every now and then. This will help to prevent build-up and keep your locks looking their best night after night!
Diet tips to follow during the night
A night hair care routine is important for keeping your hair healthy and preventing damage. There are a few different things you can do to care for your hair at night, and what you eat is one of them. Eating certain foods can help improve the condition of your hair and make it look healthier. For example,
- Foods that are high in protein or omega-3 fatty acids can help to strengthen hair and promote growth: Eggs, Kale, Beans, Broccoli, Pulses, etc.
- You can also eat foods that contain antioxidants to help protect your hair from damage: Spinach, Beetroots, Green Tea, Sweet Potatoes, Red Cabbage, etc.
So, if you’re looking to improve the health of your hair, be sure to include these foods in your nighttime routine.
- Avoid eating fruits and carbonated drinks during the night. It raises your blood sugar level and your body does not get time to stabilize it which leads to weight gain and health issues in the long run.
- Avoid eating spicy food as it increases the body temperature and then you might find it difficult to sleep. In some cases, it can even make you get acidity.
If you’re not sure how to keep your hair while sleeping and are looking for some bedtime hairstyle options that will help keep your hair healthy and damage-free, look no further! Here are 3 styles that are easy to do and require minimal effort:
The classic low ponytail.
This style is perfect if you have long or medium-length hair. Simply gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck and secure it with a gentle elastic. If you have fine or thin hair, you can add a bit of volumizing mousse to the roots before tying it back.
The pineapple updo.
This style is ideal for preventing tangles while you sleep (and it looks pretty darn cute, too!). To create this look, simply gather all of your hair atop your head and secure it with an elastic band about halfway down the length of your hair shaft. Then, twist the length of your hair around itself until it forms a loose bun at the crown of your head (think: “pineapple” shape). If you have shorter layers around your face, tuck them behind your ears or pin them back with some cute clips or barrettes before bedtime.
Just make a loose braid and you are good to go. This is one of the best bedtime hairstyles and the easiest as well. You can also make 2 separate braids, it will not only make you look cute but when you might wake up with soft curls as well. In case you don’t know as per our experts, this is one of the best hairstyle to sleep in for hair growth.
DIY hair masks to include in your night hair care routine
Most people’s hair grows an average of half an inch per month. However, there are a number of factors that can affect hair growth rate, including age, hormones, diet, and certain medical conditions. While you can’t do much about some of these factors, you can take steps to promote healthy hair growth. One way to do this is by incorporating a DIY hair mask into your night-time hair care routine. There are a number of recipes for overnight hair masks that call for ingredients like bananas, eggs, avocado, and olive oil. These masks are designed to nourish and hydrate the scalp and hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth.
Avocado Hair Mask
A good nighttime hair care routine is important for keeping your locks healthy and strong. One way to do this is by using an avocado night hair mask. Avocados are rich in fatty acids, which help to nourish and moisturize the hair. They also contain vitamins A, B, and E, which can help to repair damage and promote growth. To use an avocado hair mask, simply mash one avocado and apply it to your hair from roots to ends. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse it out with warm water. You can use an avocado hair mask once or twice a week for the best results.
Multani Mitti Mask
A night hair care routine is a great way to ensure your hair stays healthy and strong. One way to do this is by using a multani mitti night time hair mask. Multani mitti is a clay that helps to absorb excess oil and dirt from the scalp. It also conditions the hair and makes it softer and shinier. To use, simply mix together equal parts Multani mitti and water to form a paste. Apply the paste to your scalp and hair, leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. You can use this mask once or twice a week for the best results.
Ayurvedic Hair Mask
Like many people, you probably think of your nighttime hair care routine as simply washing your hair before bed. However, there are a number of things you can do to give your hair a little extra love at night.
- For example, you could try an ayurvedic nighttime hair mask. Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine from India that emphasizes the use of natural remedies. There are a variety of ayurvedic nighttime hair masks you can try, depending on your specific needs.
- If you have dry hair, you could try a mask made with yoghurt and honey. If you have oily hair, you could try a mask made with lemon juice and aloe vera gel. And if you have dandruff, you could try a mask made with coconut oil and neem leaves.
- Whichever mask you choose, be sure to leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off. With regular use, an ayurvedic nighttime hair mask can help to improve the health and appearance of your hair.
Whether you have straight, curly, or wavy hair, there are a few things you can do every night to keep your locks looking gorgeous. We’ve outlined our favourite tips below – follow them and see how your hair transforms in just a few short weeks!
Be sure to check back soon for more informative blogs like this one and follow us on Quora.
Reviewed By Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner) Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years. He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy. This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service.