Hair is one of the most prominent factors that define your appearance. Damaged and dull hair might make you look less confident. Therefore, hair care is considered an essential task for every person. Also, it is pretty apparent that hair care requires effort. This article will discuss how to make dull hair shiny and silky.
Common Causes and Treatments to Repair Damaged Hair
Hair dullness is a state when your hair lacks moisture and eventually loses shine. Some of the common causes are as follows:
- Some significant reasons are using the wrong products, overdoing harsh hair treatments and cosmetology.
- Using wrong care techniques is an important reason for hair damage.
- Dry or cold air can absorb hair moisture and make them look dull.
- Using the wrong cosmetic products damages your hair. Several hair cosmetic items contain harsh chemicals that lead to hair dullness.
- Health conditions like pregnancy affect hair health temporarily.
Drinking a lot of water is the best treatment for any dehydrating problem. It is also one of the remedies for how to make dull hair shiny and silky. Again, for dull hair, hot oil treatment is also a good remedy. The hot oil prevents losing moisture and restores shine, and therefore brightens dull hair.
Brushing your hair quite frequently makes blood circulation suitable. Good blood circulation keeps the hair healthy and prevents dullness. It is recommended not to keep your hair tied for a long time. Taking professional advice is the best you can do for treating hair dullness.
What are the Main Causes of Dull Hair?
Hair Styling: Heat application harms the hair enamel and damages them eventually. Exposure to sunlight for a long time also reduces the moisture content in hair. Again, most women tie up their hair tightly for long hours, stressing the hair shaft.
Improper Diet: Our hair also requires proper nutrition to shine like our health. In most cases working people skip meals for stress at work. The accumulated adverse effects manifest on your hair. A lack of several vitamins like A, D, and E is having a harmful impact on hair. Having a good diet with good nutrients, vitamins and minerals are crucial for healthy hair and overall help your body’s nourishment.
Imbalance in Hormone: Different hormonal issues are also causes of hair dullness. Problems with overactive thyroid or hyperthyroidism and underactive thyroid or hypothyroidism result in weak hair.
Any Primary Disease: In the ordinary course, hair grows, rests, sheds, and gets replaced with new hair. People suffering from diseases like pneumonia face several hair problems, and the resting period is more extended for them, weakening the hair and eventually becoming dull. Also, people suffering from miniaturization have hair with shrunk follicles, and this results in growing dull hair.
How to fix issues with Dull Hair and get Silky and Shiny Hair?
Clarifying treatment is one of the best remedies to fix dull hair. It removes any sort of build-up from the hair and retains the shine and silk factor. You can use baking soda for this treatment. However, it might not suit everyone so here are a few measures you can take:
- You can also go for hair treatment from the root. Several mineral supplements and vitamins would help you get rid of dull hair.
- Heat styling tools have become an inevitable part of our life. You have to use them smartly to avoid damage. I suggest you use it only when it’s necessary, avoid it as much as possible, and use heat-protecting sprays.
- It is recommended to sleep on satin textile. This prevents hair damage due to corrosion while sleeping at night.
- Go for hairbrushes that come with boar bristles. Strictly avoid the metal combs so that the hair cuticles are not damaged. You can switch to neem wood combs also, as it helps you to protect your scalp from scalp infections and causes 0 friction leading to less hair breakage than before.
Choosing the Right Hair Products
If the product you are using is correct depends on how it moisturizes and adds protein. Any hair product that helps you retain or regain moisture would help you brighten dull hair.
You can choose the right one by the following means:
- Trial and error: It is a way to check the rightness of the product. Most of the time, taking others’ reviews does not work. Therefore, trying the products on yourself is the best solution.
- Take a free hair analysis or hair quiz: There are many that you will find online, but the difficulty arises when you have to pick the best. I suggest you take Tru Hair’s Free Hair Analysis which is developed by Ayurvedic Doctors and is trusted by more than 2L+ customers.
It will help you identify the right ingredients for your hair and suggest products based on them.
Pick the right shampoo
Moisturizing shampoos are recommended if you wash your hair daily. But if you go for shampooing after a long-time, clarifying shampoo is better.
Please note that protein treatment helps you get rid of dull hair only when you need it as excess protein can cause damage too.
One thing to focus on while picking a shampoo is to check if it’s free from harmful chemicals like parabens and sulfates. The chemical-loaded products in general are not good for your hair.
If you don’t want temporary results to destroy your hair in the long run, then it’s high time to make a call and switch to shampoos from brands like Tru Hair which contains 0 harmful chemicals and will give you a permanent result. Don’t worry about the process, as good things take time.
How to use the Hair Conditioner Correctly
While using a hair conditioner, know its application correctly. A rinse-out conditioner can be used traditionally, and it lubricates the hair and makes detangling effortless. Deep conditioners are used to fix dull hair thoroughly. This conditioner should be left for at least 20 minutes or overnight for the best result. Then, if you have curly hair, you have to use a leave-in conditioner.
Oil for Reviving Dry Hair
Oil is another decisive factor that removes the dullness of your hair. Oil has a penetrating power that amps up the moisture content in your hair. Different therapeutic oils, Moroccan argan oil or coconut oils, are best in this regard.
- Coconut oil is highly beneficial for reviving dry and dull hair.
- Moroccan argan oil is beneficial for moisturizing purposes
- Almond Oil is beneficial for smooth and nourished hair.
When it comes to how to make dull hair shiny and silky, hot oil treatment is always recommended.
Prevent your hair from becoming dull
Here are a few ways to prevent your hair from becoming dull:
- Try to keep your hair moisturized as much as possible. Hot oil treatment is one way to get instant nourishment.
- Avoid letting build-up creation on your hair strands. Make sure you are washing your hair properly depending on your scalp type.
- Combing hair is essential. Make sure you are using Neem Wood Comb, as its antiseptic properties protect your scalp from scalp infections and keep dullness at bay.
- Less exposure to the sun and pollution can keep your hair away from dullness. You can try carrying a scarf with you while going out.
Hair quality is different for every person. You have to opt for the way which suits your hair. This is how to make dull hair shiny and silky and prevent damage.
When it comes to your hair health, you have to be very careful.
Choosing the right products for your hair is imperative to avoid damage. It is always recommended to avoid products with harsh chemical content. Also, take care when you style your hair by heating them. Proper maintenance can help get rid of dull hair.
1: How to lighten my hair without doing any harm?
Vitamin C, baking soda, or any good hair mask can do this job well.
2: What is the treatment for dull, lifeless hair?
Protein treatment and deep conditioning can work for dull and lifeless hairs.
3: How does the hair look dull after colouring
The colour will not fit the dull hair properly, and it will give an uncomfortable tone to your hair.
4: What are the dull hair home remedies?
Hot oil treatment is the best home remedy for dull hair. It can help reduce frizz, hair fall, breakage, split ends, and provide strength and protection.
I won’t say it’s tough but it’s not as easy as it sounds because overheating can destroy the benefits of the ingredients and underheating won’t give you any result. Heating it to around 65 degrees which is the optimum temperature is really important to ensure you get the most benefits of it.
But worry not, Tru Hair Oil Heater makes the process easy for you. With its smart auto cut-off technology, it switches off by itself, after reaching the correct temperature.
The reason why this is considered the best remedy for dull hair is that warm oil stimulates blood flow in the scalp and moisturizes each hair follicle, ensuring complete nourishment.
Read this article to know the right way to heat the oil and get a hot oil massage at home without any hassle.
To conclude, healthy and shiny hair starts from within.You need to take a multivitamin, consume iron-rich foods, or even take a diet full of vitamins. Maintaining a good routine will add to your body’s nutrition. Your hair will automatically become voluminous and feel nourished.
Dr. Tambe (Ayurvedic Practioner)
Dr. Tambe is an Ayurvedic Consultant, practicing in Satara City, Maharashtra for the last 45 years.He comes from a long line of Ayurvedic doctors. His grandfather and father were both Vaidyas, therefore he wanted to continue the family legacy.This year, his family will celebrate 100 years of Ayurvedic service