There are so many hair styles for women that it’s obvious to get confused.
From French buns (or braids) with an extra bounce in them because they’re just too cute not to try! To sleek pixie cuts that demand attention but don’t take long at all for perfecting- there are a plethora of possibilities that you can explore for modern hairstyles for women.
There’s a new hairstyle emerging every day and you can’t stay up-to-date always. It requires hours of research and patience of course. New hair trends can be overwhelming at times. But worry not as we’ve done the hard work for you and discovered the best Indian hairstyles.
From simple and easy hairstyles to modern hairstyles for ladies, this blog covers everything you need to know about the best hair styles for women.
A lot of factors are to be considered while choosing the right hairstyle for your hair.
2 most important factors are:
- Face shape
- Length of your hair
- Hair Cut
- Long face: If you’ve long face, then all you need is a blow-out or go with loose wild curls for some natural volume and width. We suggest you avoid sleek looks, as it will make your face look elongated.
- Round face: Side parting or a high ponytail usually looks good on girls with round faces. But avoid, bangs as they can accentuate the softness of your features.
- Diamond face: We suggest girls with Diamond faces go for a sleek high ponytail or in case you want to leave your hair open, then a sleek middle parting would do justice to the hair trends.
- Oval face: If you’re someone with an oval face shape, then you are lucky as it is considered to be versatile for hair styles. So, feel free to experiment.
- Square face: If you have a square face and straight hair, then you are blessed with the best combo. Straight hair with long layers will look best on you. Also, please make sure to avoid wide curls as it could widen your face.
- Heart face: Since you have a Wider hairline, we suggest you avoid the middle partition and go with the side partition instead. Go for a high top knot or high ponytail, if you want to accentuate your face shape or a deep side partition with loose waves if you want to draw attention away from your forehead.
Length of your hair:
- Short Hair: Who said, you can’t experiment with short hair? Go for low messy buns, or heatless loose curls, or just tuck them in using a claw clip. There are so many sassy hairstyles available for women with short hair, that you’ll be shocked.
- Shoulder Length Hair: If you’re looking for a trendy hairstyle for shoulder length hair, there are plenty of options to choose from. One popular option is the lob, or long bob. This style is perfect for those who want to add a little bit of length to their hair without going too overboard.Another trendy option to keep up with the hair trends is the messy bun. This style is perfect for days when you don’t have time to wash your hair, or when you just want to throw your hair up into a bun and be done with it. There are also plenty of styles that are perfect for those with shoulder-length hair who are looking for something a little more formal. For example, an updo is always a classic choice for a special occasion.
- Medium Hair: The options get wider if you have medium hair. You can experiment with every single hairstyle that you can think of, there’s nothing you can’t do, just make sure that you consider your face shape, to accentuate your features.For a casual look, try tousling your hair with your fingers or using a curling iron to create loose waves. For a night out on the town, style your hair into sleek, polished curls or wear it in a chic updo. No matter what your personal style may be, there is a bob haircut that will suit you perfectly.
- Long Hair: Long hair is a versatile canvas for styling. Trendy new hairstyles for long hair range from beachy waves to updos and everything in between. To keep up with the hair trends and get started, gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic.If you have fine hair, you can mist it with a bit of hairspray to give it some extra hold. Then, use a curling iron or hot rollers to curl small sections of hair. Once all of your hair is curled, let it cool for a few minutes before running your fingers through it to soften the curls.For a casual, beachy vibe, simply tousle your hair and mist with salt spray. Updos are also trendy hairstyles for long hair- try a loose chignon or messy bun. Braids are also popular- try a fishtail or French braid to add some interest. Whatever style you choose, just make sure to have fun with it!
Hair cut is one of the most important factors in determining hair styles for women. The hair cut will determine the length and texture of the hair, as well as the overall style.
- A Bob hair cut is a very popular hair style for women with short hair. This hair style is achieved by cutting the hair short, so that it falls just below the chin. The hair is then styled into waves or curls, which can be further enhanced with the use of hair accessories.
- Another popular hair style for women with short hair is the Pixie cut. This hair style is achieved by cutting the hair very short, so that it falls just above the ears. The hair is then styled into spikes or tufts, which can give the appearance of a Pixie.
- If you’re looking for a trendy new hairstyle, consider a wavy hair cut. This style is perfect for those with naturally wavy or curly hair, as it can help to accentuate your natural texture. To achieve the look, your stylist will use a razor to create vertical cuts through the hair. This will give the hair a more wavy appearance, as opposed to the traditional horizontal layers. In addition, the use of a razor will also help to create a softer, more natural look.
Modern hairstyles for women are usually more relaxed and natural-looking than older styles. This is due in part to the popularity of casual and relaxed clothing styles. In addition, modern hairstyles tend to be more versatile, allowing women to wear their hair up or down, depending on the occasion. As a result, haircuts play an important role in determining hair styles for women.
Now when we’ve covered the basics, let’s review the best hair styles for women.
- Standard Wedding Bun-This is ideal for those weddings, where you don’t want your tresses to steal the limelight from your oh-so-gorgeous outfit but still want to flaunt a sleek hairstyle. It is a timeless hairstyle that never ages.
- Loose Curls-If you are blessed with natural curls you should be really grateful. We don’t recommend using heat styling tools, but if you really have to then you should not skip heat protectant spray or heat protectant serum at all.
Loose curls is a simple yet chic hairstyle, that goes along with every occasion. Be it a casual outing or a festive occasion, you can flaunt it any day, any time.
- Messy Updo-Do you also come across a lot of Instagram videos on messy buns? We feel it’s one of the trendy hairstyles for women, ideal for those lazy college days or casual outings. When you don’t have much time to perfect it, just embrace the beauty of an imperfect hairstyle.
- Low Bun-Who said, short hair girls, can’t flaunt buns? This is the best hairstyle for the days when you are tired of your usual open-hair and pony-tails. Just make a low bun and take out a few tresses from the sides.
Be it ethnic or western wear, it goes with all.
- Traditional Braids-Braid is another traditional Indian hairstyle that not only enhances the beauty of your ethnic outfits but western outfits as well. For example, we see many people flaunt a loose french braid while wearing casual dresses.
Not to forget, for us Indians, it’s more than just a hairstyle. There’s an emotion attached to it, as it brings back school memories.
- Leave them free-Got a new haircut that requires no complicated hairstyle? Perfect! Leave your tresses free and flaunt them. Female hairstyles need not be complicated. Leaving them open is a hairstyle in itself, which requires 0 effort but at the same time, enhances your beauty.
- Sleek Ponytails or High Ponytail-To be honest, we are a bit biased toward sleek ponytails than high ones. The reason is, that high ponytails are usually tight and trouble your hair roots. On the contrary, sleek ponytails, make you look chic, without damaging your hair follicles.
Trying out different hairstyles is good but not at the cost of weakening your hair roots.
A sleek ponytail should always be your go-to hairstyle when your scalp starts getting oily and you’ve no time or are too lazy to wash your hair. It fits, the everyday requirement perfectly.
- Half-up twist-Want to spice up your hair game, with a simple twist? Then this is it, look no further. This 2-min hairstyle comes to your rescue when you don’t want to leave your hair open or spend time braiding your hair.
- Boxer Braids-Want to go a little extra while sticking to your roots? Try Boxer Braids!Perfect for the rebel in you or if you are always on the go or when you want to hit the gym.
- Half-up Bun-For those of you who are bored of the usual buns, we recommend, a half-up, half-down bun hairstyle. It’s not just flattering but easy as well. Gives your hair an instant pump, on the days when it feels a bit greasy. This casual hairstyle is perfect for any casual occasion.
- Bangs with a loose side braid-Give traditional braids a twist by braiding your hair sideways and pulling out some cute tresses acting as bangs to complete the look. Many Indian celebrities are seen flaunting this easy 5-minute hairstyle while stepping out of their house. Thanks to the paparazzi, you can copy everyday celebrity looks without any hassle.
- Voluminous puff-Who says puffs are old-fashioned? You can easily rock this effortless look easily on those greasy hair days when you don’t have time for a braid and don’t want to tie your hair up in a ponytail.This voluminous puff comes to your rescue and helps create a non-greasy look. If you have naturally wavy hair, then that for sure is a cherry on the cake.
- Messy double bun-If you are a bun fan and don’t want those tresses to get in your way then ditch the usual bun and try the messy double bun hairstyle.It is perfect for those adventurous outings, or in general when you want to feel cute without complicating things.
- Decorating them with flowers-Adding your favorite flowers to a usual braid or bun is another traditional way to spice up your hair game effortlessly. We are personally a fan of effortless, easy, and cute hairstyles, which changes the entire look and feel of a simple braid or bun.
You can pick any you want, be it rose, daisy, mogra, marigold, or anything of your choice.
- Waterfall hairstyle-Sounds tough but no it’s not! It’s a myth that to stand out from the crowd you need to spend hours perfecting a complicated hairstyle. In fact, this waterfall hairstyle is perfect to make heads turn, without having to spend hours styling your hair. Just 5-7 minutes and you are good to go! Here’s an easy video in case you want to try it out!
- Curtain bangs hairstyle-This look features long, sweeping bangs that are parted in the middle and then brushed to the side. Curtain bangs can be worn with any length of hair, but they look especially flattering with shoulder-length hair or longer. To style curtain bangs, start by blow-drying your hair straight. Then, use a flat iron to smooth out any remaining bumps. Next, take a small section of hair from each side of your head and brush it back behind your ears. Finally, mist your bangs with hairspray to keep them in place. With a little practice, you’ll be able to achieve this chic look at home.
We hope you enjoyed us reviewing the basic yet chic hairstyles. We tried breaking the myth that you can only style your hair if you spend hours perfecting a hairstyle. Hair styles for women mentioned here, won’t take more than 10 minutes but will enhance your beauty for sure. Just one simple hack can do wonders.
However, please don’t forget that hair cut plays an important role while deciding which hairstyle to go for. Every day, we see new trendy haircuts being introduced. So, keep yourself updated on that as well because sometimes a good hair cut, requires no hair style.
A lot of styling can damage your hair sometimes, so make sure you are pampering it from time to time. DIY Hair Masks is one way to do it, in case you don’t have time for it, you can go with natural ayurvedic hair masks as well, just make sure it is free from harmful chemicals.
Whether you’re looking for a style that will keep your hair out of your face during a long day at work or something more formal to wear to an upcoming event, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to check our hair care tips page for all the latest in styling advice, from how to create the perfect French braid to choosing the right products for your hair type. And once you find the perfect hairstyle, be sure to snap a picture and tag us on social media- we can’t wait to see your stunning new look!